Prevention of prostatitis is a guarantee of men's health, because potency directly depends on it. To prevent the inflammatory process in the prostate gland, certain rules must be observed. First of all, it is worth making changes to your lifestyle: improve nutrition, monitor your condition, practice therapeutic exercises and massage. If the patient is in the process of rehabilitation, preventive measures include the use of medicines and medicinal products of traditional medicine.
Prevention of prostatitis
Preventive measures aimed at eliminating or preventing prostatitis are conventionally divided into primary and secondary:
- the primary is carried out to prevent the development of the disease;
- Secondary prevention is necessary for patients who have had prostatitis to prevent recurrence of the disease or its development into a chronic form.
Prevention includes a whole range of therapeutic measures that help prevent prostatitis and improve quality of life. To prevent this disease, men must follow some important rules:
- Healthy food. Diet review is one of the main points in the period of prevention of many diseases. Avoid fatty and spicy foods. When used acutely, the mucosa of the prostate is irritated, and fatty foods contribute to the formation of cholesterol plaques on the walls of the blood vessels, which greatly impairs the blood supply to the prostate gland, creating favorable conditions for the reproduction of pathogenic microorganisms.
- Reject for bad habits. Smoking and drinking alcohol are strictly prohibited during preventive measures. Cigarette smoke leads to intoxication of the body, which affects the metabolic processes of the body, and ethyl alcohol overloads the heart muscle and contributes to circulatory disorders. It is noted that alcohol in 40% of cases becomes the main cause of prostatitis. Also, alcohol abuse negatively affects the entire male genitourinary system, often violating potency.
- See a doctor in a timely manner. It is impossible to ignore the clinical signs of the development of prostatitis. Also, any infectious disease can contribute to the inflammatory process in the prostate. Do not self-medicate with STDs.
- Avoid hypothermia. Often, inflammation of the prostate gland is the result of a long stay in the cold.
- Exercise. It is important to keep the body in good shape. It is recommended to spend at least 20-30 minutes on sports every day, especially if a man's professional activity is associated with a sedentary lifestyle. One of the main causes of prostatitis is the stagnation of blood flow in the prostate.
- Take medication. If problems with potency are identified, a man should start taking medications prescribed by a doctor. Drug therapy is one of the most important methods of treating prostatitis. At the same time, do not forget about traditional medicine, which has many effective remedies.
A distinctive feature of physical exercises in the prevention of prostatitis is the training of the muscle group around the anus. To determine the muscle that needs to be strengthened, you can slow down the flow of urine during urination, count to three, and relax. Then in the same way it is recommended to act without urinating.
Such physical exercises in the first week should be performed in 5 sets of 10 contractions per day. Starting from the second week, it is recommended to increase the training intensity to 100-150 repetitions per day.
To prevent prostatitis, you can perform other exercises in a standing position:
- Support yourself with one foot on the ground and, with the other, make wide oscillations from side to side 80 times. Then switch legs.
- Jump on the spot 100 times.
- Spread your legs shoulder-width apart and do 15 dips in both directions.
Therapeutic gymnastics is also performed in the supine position:
- Alternately, pull your legs toward your stomach, then spread them as wide as possible.
- It is recommended to take a deep breath and hold your breath for 5 seconds, then take a sitting position, stretch your legs out in front of you and reach for them with your fingertips.
- Raise your legs, lying on your back, to a position perpendicular to the floor, then proceed to the "bicycle" exercise.
- Lie face down on a rubber ball and roll on the floor, supporting yourself on your hands.
These exercises will improve the condition of the body and prevent prostatitis. Also, it is useful to take a contrast shower: alternately stand under cold (15 seconds) and hot (30 seconds) water. It is recommended before going to bed.
Healing stimulation of the prostate gland.
As a preventive measure, it is recommended to perform prostate stimulation. At home, you can significantly alleviate the condition with the help of a special massage that restores the normal function of the male genital organs.
This massage helps:
- improving blood flow, thereby nourishing the gland with oxygen and other useful substances;
- an increase in testosterone, the main male sex hormone responsible for erections;
- increase the tone of the groin muscles, due to which normal urination is restored.
The frequency of prostate massage is determined by the individual characteristics of the patient. If a man has congestive and chronic prostatitis, he should do 2 to 4 sessions per week. When performing a wellness procedure as a preventive measure, the number of sessions can be reduced to 1-2. If special stimulants are used for massage, the frequency of procedures per week can be increased to 2-3.
Experts identify several basic methods for performing prostate massage:
- Hand massage. Prostatitis is affected by the fingers. This method is used to a greater extent for preventive purposes in the chronic form of the disease.
- The indirect technique is based on tightening and loosening the muscles of the anus. This technique is used in the early stages of prostatitis.
- Rectal massage through the anus. It is carried out using special vacuum pumps.
- Chamomile officinalis enema decoction. Massage with a jet of water should be done for a short time, keeping it inside you.
- Urological massage. This technique is used in clinical settings, because. to perform it, you need a special tool that affects the urethra.
When performing a massage, you need to be careful not to worsen the condition by damaging the mucosa of the anus. Therapeutic and preventive measures in the form of prostate stimulation are contraindicated in patients with:
- prostate stones;
- tumors of different etiologies;
- acute course of other urological diseases.
Before the massage, it is recommended to undergo a complete examination to determine the feasibility of a wellness session.
In order not to get sick with prostatitis, you need to follow proper nutrition. It is recommended to eat steamed or boiled dishes.
To prevent the inflammatory process in the prostate, the daily caloric content of food should be reduced. At the same time, it is necessary to increase fluid intake during the day. It is recommended to drink at least 2 liters to increase urine output, which will remove pathogenic microorganisms that cause prostatitis from the body.
Men are advised to consume around 3000 kcal per day. This amount of energy should consist of:
- 100g protein;
- 400 g of carbohydrates;
- 70 g of fats (vegetable origin).
In addition, to prevent the development of prostatitis, it is advisable to add the following products to the diet:
- lean meat, poultry, and fish;
- soybeans, legumes;
- dairy products;
These products contain a large number of useful microelements and vitamins necessary for the health of the male body.
Usually, for the prevention of prostatitis, specialists prescribe preparations containing herbal ingredients or extracts from the prostate gland of a bull. They are effective stimulators of the human prostate gland, increasing the production of secretions and eliminating stagnant processes.
As a rule, urologists prescribe drugs in the form of tablets or suppositories that relieve congestion in the pelvic organs, helping to eliminate inflammation in the prostate gland.
In addition, for the treatment and prevention of the prostate, it is important to consume sufficient amounts of vitamins, which improve health and reduce the risk of cancer in the long term. Men are recommended to drink complexes rich in vitamins:
- A - prevention of prostate adenoma;
- B - improves blood circulation;
- E, K: help reduce the risk of neoplasms in the prostate.
An alternative method is the use of dietary supplements, which can be purchased at pharmacies.
Selenium is one of the most important trace elements for male health. It is involved in the synthesis of testosterone, normalizes reproductive function, improves sperm quality, and also has a beneficial effect on the prostate.
For the prevention and treatment of prostatitis, you can effectively use not only modern drugs, but also the methods of traditional medicine:
- Oat decoction. Prepared from 2 tbsp. unpeeled oatmeal and 700 ml of water. The drink is simmered for 30 minutes or more until the beans are soft. Then the decoction is left to infuse for several hours, filtered, mixed with parsley juice (50-60 ml) and consumed 100-150 ml per day.
- Walnuts have a positive effect on the production of testosterone. They can be eaten in their pure form, at least 100g per day, or made into a medicinal mixture. To do this, a glass of walnuts is passed through a meat grinder with a whole lemon and added to the mass of 1 tbsp. yomiel. The mixture should be infused for 1 hour, after which it can be consumed 3 times a day, 1 tbsp. iIn addition, nuts that go through meat grinders can be diluted with 1 tbsp. I sunflower oil. It is recommended to consume the remedy in this form on an empty stomach in the morning, while the effectiveness is increased if washed down with warm cow's milk.
- Ivan tea is an excellent remedy for the prevention of prostatitis. To prepare it, 2 teaspoons are enough. raw materials and 500 ml of boiling water. The tea should be drunk warm, at least 3 times a day.
- Pumpkin seeds are an excellent help in the presence of inflammatory processes in the prostate gland. They can be eaten pure and dry. It is recommended to use pumpkin seeds with honey in equal proportions. You need to eat at least 1 tablespoon. yosemillas
- A decoction of birch leaves has an anti-inflammatory effect, and also prevents the development of pathogenic microflora in the prostate gland. To cook: 1 tablespoon. Iraw materials are poured with 1 glass of boiling water, after which it is infused for several hours. It is recommended to take the decoction in small portions.
- Honey sbiten is a good remedy for the treatment and prevention of prostatitis. It helps improve blood circulation in the pelvis, enhances and relieves the inflammatory process in the prostate gland. Take 1 tbsp. Before going to bed on an empty stomach, spread in a glass of warm water.
Traditional medicine methods are effective, but can provoke an allergic reaction and exacerbate chronic diseases. Before using them, it is recommended to consult a doctor.
To maintain men's health, it is necessary to follow preventive measures. Timely treatment will help avoid the consequences of the disease.